6 Tips for Starting Purées
Feeding your baby purées is an important milestone in their development and a great way to introduce them to a variety of flavors and textures. If you're new to feeding your baby purées, here are some tips to help make the process a little easier:
- Start with single ingredient purées: When introducing your baby to solids, it's a good idea to start with single ingredient purées, such as mashed sweet potato or pear. This will help you identify any potential allergies and also allow your baby to taste the individual flavors of the foods.
- Gradually increase the thickness and chunkiness of the purées: As your baby gets used to eating purées, you can gradually increase the thickness and chunkiness of the purées. This will help your baby transition to more textured foods and eventually to finger foods.
- Offer a variety of flavors and textures: It's important to expose your baby to a variety of flavors and textures to help them develop a varied palate. Try puréed vegetables, fruits, meats, and grains to give your baby a range of nutrients and flavors.
- Use Jet to feed your baby purees: Use the Jet by The Clever Baby to feed your baby purees! Fill up the dispenser with your choice of baby food puree and slowly release it into the baby’s mouth. The dispenser has tsp and mL markings on it so that you can track how much food your baby is eating!
- Be patient: It's normal for babies to be hesitant to try new foods, so be patient and offer the purées repeatedly. It may take 10-15 tries before your baby accepts a new food, so don't give up!
- Be mindful of food safety: Always follow proper food safety guidelines when preparing and storing purées for your baby. Cook meats and vegetables thoroughly, and store purées in the refrigerator or freezer in airtight containers.
Feeding your baby purées is a great way to introduce them to solid foods and help them develop a healthy and varied diet. By following these tips, you can make the process a little easier and more enjoyable for both you and your baby.
Tricia Meyer is a serial entrepreneur, business lawyer and mom of 6! Tricia is the Co-Founder at The Clever Baby. The Clever Baby recently launched its first product Jet - a patented, innovative teether and dispenser all-in-one, and is committed to developing clever products for parents and creating magical moments for babies and kids. Tricia has been featured in many publications including Inc., Crain’s, Chicago Tribune, NBC Chicago, American Express OPEN Forum, and more! Tricia has also received 30+ awards over the course of her career including being recognized by Crain’s Chicago as one of the most influential lawyers in Chicago and by Forbes on the Next1000 list! Learn more about The Clever Baby at www.thecleverbaby.com.