Teething can be a difficult and uncomfortable time for babies, but there are a few things you can do to help soothe their discomfort and make the experience a little easier. Here are some tips for helping your little one through the teething process:
- Offer a teething toy such as Jet by The Clever Baby. You can chill the teether to help soothe your baby’s gums and the plane-shaped teether is perfect to allow the baby to get relief to those back teeth!
- Massage your baby's gums with your finger or a soft cloth. This can help stimulate blood flow and reduce swelling.
- Use a pain reliever specifically designed for infants, such as infant acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Follow the dosage instructions on the package or consult with your pediatrician.
- Offer your baby a cold wash cloth. Your baby can chew on this to provide much needed relief.
- Keep your baby's face clean and dry to prevent irritation from drool. Use a soft, absorbent cloth or bib to catch excess drool.
- Try a natural remedy such as applying a small amount of clove oil to your baby's gums. Consult with your pediatrician before using any natural remedies.
- Avoid giving your baby anything that could break off and become a choking hazard, such as hard cookies or crackers.
With a little patience and TLC, your baby will be through the teething phase in no time! Remember that this challenging phase is just that – a phase. With a little extra patience and tender loving care, you'll guide your baby through the teething phase. Soon, those tiny teeth will emerge, smiles will return, and the memory of teething troubles will remind you how far your baby has come.
Tricia Meyer is a serial entrepreneur, business lawyer and mom of 6! Tricia is the Co-Founder at The Clever Baby. The Clever Baby recently launched its first product Jet - a patented, innovative teether and dispenser all-in-one, and is committed to developing clever products for parents and creating magical moments for babies and kids. Tricia has been featured in many publications including Inc., Crain’s, Chicago Tribune, NBC Chicago, American Express OPEN Forum, and more! Tricia has also received 30+ awards over the course of her career including being recognized by Crain’s Chicago as one of the most influential lawyers in Chicago and by Forbes on the Next1000 list! Learn more about The Clever Baby at www.thecleverbaby.com.