Easing Teething Pain: Simple Strategies to Help Your Baby Feel Better
Teething can be a difficult time for babies and their parents. As a mom of six kids, I’ve been through it all and know exactly what you’re going through. As those new little baby teeth push through the gums, they can cause discomfort, irritability, and a lack of sleep for everyone in the family. If your baby is going through the teething process, here are some teething hacks to help soothe their discomfort and make the experience a little easier for all of you!
- Offer a chilled teething toy, such as Jet by The Clever Baby! The chilled teether will help soothe your baby’s gums and the wings of the plane-shaped teether will help give your baby relief with those back teeth! This will also distract your baby from the discomfort of teething and is so much fun to play with ~ here comes the plane!
- Take a clean, damp washcloth and put it in the refrigerator. Once chilled, you can give it to your baby to chew on to help numb your baby’s gums and reduce inflammation.
- Massage your baby's gums with a clean finger or a small, soft toothbrush. This can help alleviate some of the discomfort caused by teething.
- Consider giving your baby over-the-counter pain medication designed for teething babies and use Jet by The Clever Baby to give your baby the medicine. The dispenser provided with Jet has markings in milliliters and teaspoons to help you give your baby the accurate dose of medicine. Be sure to follow the dosage instructions on the package and check with your baby's doctor before giving your baby any medication.
- Keep your baby hydrated by offering plenty of fluids, such as breast milk or formula, or if your baby is old enough to eat fruits and vegetables, a smoothie is another great option!
Remember to always supervise your baby while they are chewing on any toys or objects, and be sure to wash your hands and any objects that come into contact with your baby's mouth. If your baby's teething symptoms persist or seem severe, be sure to consult with your baby's doctor. Teething can be a challenging time for both babies and parents, but with a little patience and some simple remedies, you can help your little one through this milestone.
Tricia Meyer is a serial entrepreneur, business lawyer and mom of 6! Tricia is the Co-Founder at The Clever Baby. The Clever Baby recently launched its first product Jet - a patented, innovative teether and dispenser all-in-one, and is committed to developing clever products for parents and creating magical moments for babies and kids. Tricia has been featured in many publications including Inc., Crain’s, Chicago Tribune, NBC Chicago, American Express OPEN Forum, and more! Tricia has also received 30+ awards over the course of her career including being recognized by Crain’s Chicago as one of the most influential lawyers in Chicago and by Forbes on the Next1000 list! Learn more about The Clever Baby at www.thecleverbaby.com.